Thursday, August 02, 2007

More Nantucket


As I mentioned in the start, sometimes we're having too much fun to post on schedule. So, I wanted share a bit more on Nantucket--namely, another cocktail party--courtesy of "Whisper," an elegant beauty of a sailboat. Whisper is one of my all time favorite boats. I have a special spot for Hinckleys and this one is magnificent. A 48' yawl designed for ocean crossings, its a boat to aspire to. I'll post a photo when I get a nice one of this vessel underway. Take a look at that sunset...just as the fog was beginning to roll in.

Here's Brandon at the helm of Whisper with one of his new best friends from the cruise, Brenda.








Of course, we'd be negligent not to show off some whales on Nantucket. This is the skeleton of a sperm whale that died in Nantucket sound and washed ashore. Scientists at the Whaling Museum were granted permission to keep the whale and to study it. Fascinating stuff! If you find yourself in Nantucket take a trip to the museum. It has an amazing scrimshaw collection as well as several journals from sea captains.