Monday, February 02, 2009

Mom still has it...but forgets sometimes


Well here we are again. Look, it's me tearing up the slopes and I actually look like I know what I'm doing. Not the picture I had in my head. Whew! Glad you can't see what I saw. Brian snapped this, unknowingly to me, while we were coming down Northwest Passage heading over to Bear Peak yesterday. It was only about 10 a.m. and we already had 5 or 6 runs under our respective belts, thanks to the Krypels.

After dropping the kids off with their coaches we ran into Scott and Amy having breakfast in the lodge. Amy is having back troubles so she offered to ski with me on some relaxed terrain for a while and let Brian and Scott hit the steeps. Sounded good to me. Right! Wrong! We get on the chair lift and she says, "Let's start off with Tightrope and work our way over to White Horse." My response, "I hate you." The last time I was on Tightrope it was a sheet of ice and nearly got taken out by one of the instructors who lost it on the ice and came rolling down the hill. Amy's take was that I needed to do it to prove to myself that I can. Well I did, I can, and don't want to again. There!

OK, enough of being a brat. We actually had a great time and the guys never did take off on us. Amy did stick with me on some easier terrain and gave lots of encouraging words like, "Maybe next time you should take one of my Xanax." Thanks Amy. After a few runs at Bear we hit the lodge for some much needed warmth and hot cocoa. As usual, we ran into Brandon having Apple Jacks, a chocolate chip cookie, and a large bottle of Gatorade; Brandon is a creature of habit for those of you who don't know him well.

Saturday afternoon at Ptarmigan's wasn't the same without the Welch's so hopefully we'll have them with us next weekend. (See Mol, got you in a post without you actually being there.) We went for a quick drink anyways while the boys skied over to a friend's house for a bit. Then, of course, had another drink with the DeVries and their guests when we went to pick them up.

Another awesome weekend. Can't wait for Friday!

No comments: